How You Can Repair Fire Damage
We all know how damaging fire can be in a house. However, there are many elements of fire, including smoke and soot, that are just as harmful. Smoke odor can overtake building materials and personal belongings, while smoke soot can seriously damage walls. Fires can have devastating effects on both to your home and your family.
Damages to your precious keepsakes can be devastating. That’s why as experts in soot and smoke damage, we’re here to help you restore your damaged possessions. At Paul Davis, each of our franchises offers 24/7 emergency smoke repair services. Contact us as soon as you can. We’ll be able to reduce the cost of fire and smoke damages to your house.
How Can I Repair Fire Damage?
Smoke damage can occur without a major fire breaking out in your building. Small-scale fires and closed fireplace flues can cause discoloration and significant odors if you don’t start cleaning immediately. Unless you address the problem immediately, smoke odor will soak into the walls, carpets and furniture. Here’s how you can move fast and cleanup any smoke damage:
- To stop smoke from spreading, shut off your HVAC system.
- Position large fans towards open doors and windows to suck out the smoke.
- Vacuum up soot and ash by holding the nozzle right above the soot- pressing down could cause stains.
- Use a rag to clean countertops and furniture.
- Wipe away soot from walls and ceilings with a dry sponge and get rid of stains with a vinegar spray.
- Clean every item that has been affected, such as light bulbs.
- Dry clean or deep wash any clothing or curtains that were affected.
- Use odor counteractants to deodorize carpets and window coverings.
The Fire Restoration Process from Paul Davis
Does your building have smoke damage? Let the professionals take care of it. At Paul Davis, we offer all-encompassing soot repair services, such as:
- 24/7 emergency services- onsite and assisting you within hours.
- Prompt damage evaluation, pretesting and estimates.
- Emergency board-up and structural stabilization.
- Environmentally friendly methods for clearing soot and other residue from fire damage.
- Smoke odor removal, sanitation and air purification.
- Careful removal and securing of damaged household goods, personal possessions and other contents for cleaning and restoration.
- Industrial grade water extractors, dehumidifiers, air movers and other equipment used to efficiently remove water resulting from fire extinguishing efforts.
- Reconstruction of the affected areas.
- Disinfectants and antimicrobials used to prevent mold and mildew.
Contact Paul Davis Today
If your building has been ravaged by soot and smoke damage, turn to the specialists from Paul Davis. You can get your home back after we finish our fire remediation services. Our experts are highly-trained in high-quality smoke remediation cleaning methods and using the proper equipment, meaning faster cleanup and cheaper smoke damage repair expenses. Our goal is to have you return to your everyday schedule immediately. Call the smoke cleanup and smoke remediation services experts from Paul Davis at 888-473-7669. You’ll get connected to the franchise closest to you.