Interior Mold Inspection and Removal Services
Whether you can see it or not, there is a good chance mold is on your property. Mold is something that occurs naturally, however the type of mold that has spread in your house or business is the real problem. Mold spores can travel through the air, entering structures through openings like doors, windows and HVAC systems. Spores can also be brought into a building on clothing, shoes, and pets. It is basically impossible for you to stop mold encountering your residence. You need to be concerned when mold begins growing in your home. Having an expert to speak with that can advise on the type of mold present is imperative. Pair that with an expert that can develop the best way for treatment and perform the removal process, and you have Paul Davis. We provide professional home and commercial emergency restorative services for a variety of disasters, including mold.
Indoor Mold Removal and Abatement Services
With a Paul Davis inspection on your residential or commercial property for mold, you have a licensed professional with in depth knowledge in this field. The detection and identification of mold is the first step in what can be a long project. When it comes to dealing with mold safely, the best choice is to work with a company that specializes in all aspects pertaining to the process. We offer mold removal and remediation services in addition to basic mold testing. Mold can cause damage to your dwelling on top of major health concerns for your family. Unlike most allergens, mold can adversely affect the health of any person regardless if they have allergies or not. Mold migrates through the surfaces it resides in, meaning the longer it goes without treatment in your residence, the worse its effects are. Paul Davis can accurately identify the species of mold growing in your home and effectively deal with treating it.
Families of Mold
There are 3 basic species of mold:
- Allergenic: These produce and cause allergic reactions.
- Pathogenic: Molds that cause health problems in people that suffer from acute illnesses.
- Toxigenic: These molds can produce toxic substances.
With the variety of molds that can reside in structures, having an expert to investigate and diagnosis the extent of their spread is key to eradicating it. A professional with Paul Davis can assist with helping make your home safe and free from the most damaging molds.
A few common household molds are:
- Penicillium – A mold that most commonly thrives on wallpaper, wallpaper glue, decaying textiles, carpets and fiberglass insulation. Penicillium causes hay-fever like reactions and induces asthma attacks.
- Aspergillus – This is a warm environment mold that thrives both outdoors and indoors. It can be found in areas of extreme dampness and extensive water damage, as well as organic matter that is breaking down. Aspergillus is also found in dust and produces mycotoxins.
- Alternaria – This mold is often found in textiles, dust, carpet, showers, soil and window frames. This is a large spore mold that deposits in the mouth, nose and respiratory tract.
- Cladosporium – This is the highest commonly identified outdoor mold easily enters homes. It grows in damp, porous environments such as textile and wood. Both the indoor and outdoor kinds cause asthma attacks as well as induces hay-fever like reactions.
- Stachybotrys – Being a less common household mold is good, as it’s among the more horrible. Stachybotrys needs excessive moisture to grow, and causes breathing problems, flu-like symptoms, hearing and memory loss, and bleeding in the lungs.
- Acremonium – This toxic mold grown in areas of condensation such as humidifiers, drain pans, window sealants and cooling coils. It’s a powdery mold that thrives in a variety of colors like pink, white, grey or orange.
- Aureobasidium – Aureobasidium is often discovered growing behind wallpaper and painted wood surfaces. It begins pink or light brown in color then darkens to dark brown-black as it ages. This highly responsive allergic mold causes eye infections and skin rashes.
- Chaetomium – Chaetomium is found in residences after a flood or leaking and in chronically damp conditions. It has a dank odor, cotton like texture and changes colors from white to brown or grey as it ages. Chaetomium is also known to produce mycotoxins that affect the immune system, causing nail and skin infections.
- Cladosporium – Cladosporium thrives in both cold and warm areas and moves rapidly on upholstery, fabrics, carpets and under floorboards. It reacts adversely with wet tissues in eyes, nose, mouth and throat.
- Fusarium – This mold is commonly found in a home’s soft goods and thrives and moves in cold temperatures. A reddish strain is found in organic products like food and house plants, and both kinds can move rapidly through a home. Symptoms begin as a sore throat, runny eyes and skin infections then progresses to bone infections and brain abscesses.
- Trichoderma – Trichoderma is a highly allergic mold with 5 subspecies. It’s a rapidly growing mold with a wool like texture that is mostly white and green. It grows in consistently damp and moist locations like HVAC systems, wood and upholstery. Along with health symptoms associated with other mycotoxins, Trichoderma also destroys the surfaces it inhabits, causing decay and structures to crumble.
- Ulocladium – Ulocladium is mostly found in bathrooms and kitchens. It is one of the black molds that contributes to respiratory illnesses and asthma.
Call Paul Davis for a Reliable Mold Inspection
If you know or suspect you have mold in your home call the professionals with Paul Davis. Our dedicated team will provide a detailed inspection as well as execute the remediation servicing necessary to remove dangerous mold from your residence. Paul Davis is available 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.